Spring is here! With that warmer weather comes more people on the Katy Trail and we ask that you all be good stewards by staying safe and respecting your fellow trail users.
On March 29th we will have a Safety Drive on the Katy Trail to educate our trail users and promote safe habits on and off the trail. Stop by and see us – we will be at Snyder’s Union from 9am-2pm.. We will have fun activities for the kids like face-painting and the chance to ride along with Highland Park Police Officer Lance Koppa on the Katy Trail at 10am and 11am. And for you adults we will be raffling off gift cards to Luke’s Locker and giving away Katy Trail gear.
Special thanks for our partners in this event:
Texas Scottish Rite Hospital
In the meantime, some good tips to remember are:
- KEEP TO THE RIGHT
- ANNOUNCE ‘PASSING ON LEFT’
- ALWAYS LOOK BOTH WAYS BEFORE CROSSING OR CHANGING DIRECTIONS
- WATCH SPEEDS ON BICYCLES AND KEEP A 3 FEET DISTANCE BETWEEN PEDESTRIANS AT ALL TIMES
- USE HEADPHONES RESPONSIBLY
- WATCH CHILDREN CAREFULLY
- KEEP PETS ON A SHORT LEASH
- WHEN POSSIBLE STAY ON THE CORRECT PATH – THE SOFT PATH IS MEANT FOR RUNNERS AND WALKERS AND THE HARD PATH IS MEANT FOR BIKERS AND BLADERS
- WHEN IN A GROUP STAY IN A SINGLE FILE LINE.
- WATCH FOR TRAFFIC WHEN CROSSING STREETS AT HARVARD AND KNOX