This week marks the hottest week of summer so far. Please take precaution when hitting the Trail as we head into triple digits and extreme UV conditions. Here’s a few tips to remember as you head outdoors:
- Stay hydrated before, during, and after your time on the Trail.
- Wear plenty of sunscreen and a hat.
- Moderate your time on the Trail. That 3.5 mile run is harder on your body now that temperatures have soared.
- If you are feeling over heated, run-down, or dizzy; take a time-out in the shade with some water.
- Consuming alcohol and caffeine can leave you dehydrated. Limit your intake 24 hours before prolonged activity in sun.
- Avoid too much sun – sunburns reduce your body’s ability to dissipate heat.
- Be a good steward on the Trail. If you see someone struggling or acting out of sorts, please offer assistance.
- As always, in case of emergency please call 911 and direct them to the nearest Trail mile marker.
Stay safe out there!